Your Source for Professional Solutions Custom Tailored to Your Specifications
This page of the website is where my relentless pursuit of optimization and efficiency is made available to individual traders. The driving force for everything I do, is reflected in our mission statement: “Maximum Precision Through Intelligent Use of Minimal Resources”. In the sections below you will find a description of the services I provide, as well as the rates, and terms of service. But for those who are interested, I will provide a bit more detail about how I got here and why we do business in this slightly unorthodox way.
My previous occupation, Operations Manager for a fortune 100 company, is where I honed my skills of teaching others how to accomplish their goals with minimal effort and maximum precision. I also learned the value of taking the most complex workflows and breaking them down into simple and easy to follow steps. I then combined these skills with my obsession for optimization and efficiency. Which then lead to me learning how to write programs to automate some of the most complex and error prone workflows. As you can imagine, after accomplishing these goals in a large corporation you soon become somewhat of a hero.
As my skills developed, my interest turned into a passion. Soon after that I began examining every workflow in my sphere of influence, applying workflow automation wherever it was warranted.
How The Process Works
Now my passion for workflow automation, optimization and efficiency is available to you via the professional services described in the following section. My terms of services are a bit unorthodox. (my parents taught me to make my own path rather than follow others). You will see that I do not provide price estimates or quotes prior to beginning work. I will take a moment to explain why, but more importantly I will explain why this is in your best interests.
Very few clients who come to me are able to clearly describe their specifications with perfect clarity and describe things in terms that leave nothing left to subjective interpretation. For this reason I have found it works out best to allow room for the discovery process. Before writing the first line of code my main task is to serve as a consultant. During the initial stages I am helping the client to think about what they need and describe it in terms the computer can understand. If the client would be better served by another trading platform or another developer I tell them. Being sure to explain in what ways another trading platform or developer might be better suited to meeting their stated goals.
Overall, this approach provides the least expensive solution to achieve each client’s unique goals. Really? Yes indeed. Under a more orthodox business model the client would be forced to provide perfect specifications up front and they would receive a quote to meet those specifications. Then after the project was completed and the client realizes they missed crucial details in their specifications they would pay a change fee each and every time they needed to adjust the solution. These “change fees” are where traditional developers make a majority of their profits! I don’t play that game. Whatever is in your best interest is my number one goal.
How Much Does The Average Project Cost and How Long Does It Take to Complete?
Many clients are concerned about entering into a project request in which they do not know the final cost. For this reason I am providing some key metrics from recently completed projects. These metrics have been selected to answer the majority of questions I get from new clients who are wondering if they can afford to pay for the project they have in mind.
The following metrics were taken from all projects that were completed in the year 2020:
Project Cost Metrics
- How much did the average project cost?
Answer: $243.41 USD
- What is the maximum cost of any project previously completed?
Answer: $850 USD
- What percent of projects were completed for the minimum project charge (two hours)?
- What percent of projects were completed within 3 hours or less?
Project Duration Metrics
- How many days did it take for the average project to be completed?
Answer: 5.56 Days
- What percent of projects were completed within 4 days or less?
- Consultation on trading software and technology
- Contract work to build custom tools for trading platforms
New Low Rates for 2021:
Consultation services are billed at $95 USD per hour with a two hour minimum. If during the first hour you determine our services are not a fit for your needs you may cancel with no commitment. Once the second hour commences the session becomes a billable service. After the initial billable consultation, subsequent consultations will be billed on an hourly basis. You will receive an invoice after the conclusion of any billable service.
**Software projects are billed at $95 USD per hour with a two hour minimum per project. Below, you will find a detailed explanation of each phase of a software project.
1. Receive project specifications from the client
2. Feasibility analysis performed to determine any elements of the specifications which cannot be supported by the trading platform.
3. Client is notified of any elements that cannot be accomplished.
4. Once items 2 and 3 have been resolved, work begins. No estimated cost or time to completion is provided at this stage.
5. As the work progresses I send screenshots showing the indicator plotted on a chart and/or wacthlist. Scan results and/or Strategy reports are included where applicable.
6. The client will confirm (through the analysis of the screenshots, scan results and/or Strategy reports) the project produces results that meet the client’s specifications.
7. At this time I will provide a final price for the completed project.
8. The invoice for the total amount will be sent to you from PayPal.
9. Once the invoice is paid in full you will receive the code via files attached to an email.
- Larger sized projects may require a deposit before work commences.
- Payment for all services will be processed through an invoice sent to you from PayPal. A valid email address is required.
- Do NOT send money apart from the invoice without requesting alternative payment handling first.
- The amount of time billed is based on the time it takes to read and interpret your specifications in addition to the time it takes to generate emails and screenshots to complete the review stages of the project.
- It is essential that you understand how to submit your project specifications. Everything should be clearly expressed in series of brief bullet points, numbered in order to facilitate analysis and discussion.
What does this look like? Here is a very basic example of what your specifications list should look like and the details that must be included:
- List of conditions required in order for a signal to be valid
- For instance the position of price action above a moving average
- The trigger which is the last step to confirm a valid signal
- For instance a cross of one moving average over another
Be sure to include other details such as what type of functionality you would like:
- Chart based study
- **Strategy for back testing
- Stock Scan
- Watch List Columns
- Text/Email alerts
** Projects including Strategies will increase the minimum cost to 3 hours at $95 USD per hour: $285 USD.
Just keep in mind that computer code only sees a yes or a no. There are no gray areas. So the specifications must be clear and precise. We do NOT ever try to reverse engineer or copy proprietary trading tools published by others. We fully respect the intellectual property and copyrights of others. All specifications must be submitted in your own words and no third party sources of specifications will be accepted.
Hahn-Tech, LLC was founded in December 2013.